This video features a brief overview on creating a frog character scene in Blender 2.9. From the initial concept sketch to the final animated result, lit and rendered in Eevee.
The videos has these sections:
- Concept : Creating a sketch in 2D
- Modelling/Sculpting: Create the base with with subdicision surface and the skin modifier. Then sculpting with combination of Dyntopo and voxel remesh.
- Shading: Creating the shaders with the shader editor (node setup)
- Volumetric Shading for the smoke
- Lighting: Sun lighting with an alpha stencil of a tree.
- Rigging: Bone setup with some child constraints
- Animation: animating the frog bones and the eyes and also the flies in the scene.
- Effects like a vignette
A pretty nice scene and breakdown with Blender 2.9, congrats!