In these videos you can learn how to texture an asset from start to finish with Substance Painter 2 by Allegorithmic.
In the video the core concepts are explained in a step-by-step approach, so it is a great learning resource for beginners to Substance Painter.
The video is over 1 hour and you learn how to
- Import a model to Substance Painter
- Use layers and materials (also smart materials)
- Work with roughness, metalness, alphas and stencils
- Using masks and polygon fills
- Painting in normals and other textures
- Exporting the textures for particular game engines like Unreal Engine
- Rendering the asset with Iray and post-processing effects
There is a small part missing about using opacity, but you can find this in the following video: